Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Intro to blogging


I have been a closet blog/vlog follower for awhile now. I previously had used livejournal to talk about highschool crushes, drama, and everything else an emo teenager does, but have since outgrown my public online journal and have decided to try this whole 'blog' scene.

So, I just spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what my url was going to be, and longer to figure out what the title of this blog was going to be, and made absolutely poor choices for both. What can I say, I got nervous! This same thing happened when I made my AIM screen name. In highschool I chatted under the alias "dnkychckn".... Yes, Donkey - Chicken with all of the vowels removed. I thought I was so clever for a few hours but was immediately ridiculed for my choice in screen name. I'm afraid 5 years later my taste has improved very little. My new alias? Andreawkward.blogspot.com... Oh bother...

Now, I want to be an exciting blogger. I follow all sorts of blogs but not sure I would succeed with most of them. I follow fashion blogs, beauty blogs, travel blogs, food blogs, internship blogs, wedding planning blogs, etc. but I'm not sure just what type of blog I should have. I'm not really an interesting person, but I do tend to ramble...which is why I want to incorporate lots and lots of pictures!

So, what sort of blog should I have? Throw some ideas out there and I will work to please. Otherwise you will end up with a blog dedicated to my wiener dog Zoey... which I'm afraid no one will appreciate as much as I would. Hell, maybe she'll have her own blog.. after all she is computer proficient...


Not to mention she'd have more subscribers than I would..



No comments:

Post a Comment