Thursday, April 28, 2011

INDULGENCE

I'm not going to hold back here; I've had a rough couple of weeks. No, like really...

Long story short, the evening of my anniversary (4/15) I ended up at the ER where I had to have an emergency surgery to stop internal bleeding. I had lost 2 liters of blood before I finally admitted I needed to go to the emergency room.

The doctor said the pain I had experienced was the same amount of pain suffered by someone who had been stabbed. Although that makes me feel like a total bamf, the moral of the story is if you're in pain and you can't stand up without passing out, it isn't just something you ate.

Needless to say, two weeks later... I finally feel better. My incisions are almost completely healed, I can stand and sit down without wincing, and I am off of my medication.

All of this meaning:


It's time for a 'tini.

Tonight if you're looking for me, I'll be at della Voce indulging in one of my favorite treats, a Key Lime Martini made by my favorite bartender, Kelly. I can't think of a better way to celebrate finally feeling better and being on the home stretch of my second semester of graduate school.

and, if i'm feeling particularly naughty, I plan to indulge in my favorite item on the Tapas menu; the Sriracha chicken drummettes. (YES, they are as yummy as they look, and YES you should be jealous!)


No comments:

Post a Comment