Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fitness update

Well, it was a day I was NOT looking forward to: Facing the scale after 3 weeks sans gym, a lot of poor food choices, and a dire lack of motivation.

I typically only weigh myself once a month on the 14th, to avoid getting discouraged day to day or week to week. This month I put off the weigh-in a few days after a epic food fest this past weekend and finally got the courage to hop up on the scale this morning. 
My goal this last month was to simply not GAIN weight, considering my medical circumstances, and I was happy to step on the scale and see that I accomplished that goal!

In fact, I have lost 6 lbs since April 14th (Literally, the day before I had surgery)! Needless to say, I'm pumped!

I started this blog near the beginning of my 2011 weight loss journey (because I seem to go through a weight loss journey every 3 years...) on February 10th and have lost 30 lbs since then! Although I don't feel that I look that much different, my clothes fit better, I feel better, and I am proud of my progress! 

The goal I set with my trainer on February 17th is fast approaching (JULY 1st!) and I'm only 13.5 lbs away! Here's hoping I can stick it out until then!  Thanks for all the support, off to the gym I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment