Saturday, May 21, 2011

Out with the old in with the new

The time has finally come! Yes, I have finally hit the mileage on my running shoes to where I can rationalize new running kicks! Awesome! 

I'm going to resist temptation for a few more weeks to squeak as much use out of these guys as possible, but soon I will be retiring my trusty Nike Lunarswift + shoes with the new and improved Lunarswift +2's. These new shoes will be what I will wear for my first 10K in August! Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about the purchase and can't wait to start training in them, breaking them in for the big race!

My trusty pair of Lunarswift +.

My soon-to-be new running partner, Lunarswift + 2 (in purple of course)!


For the last few months, I have sought guidance from as many runners as I know, all holding allegiance to different brands and styles. However, after having done extensive research on my own, and considering all of the recommendations of my runner friends, I ended up coming back to what I know.
I have a very normal stride, not too terribly under or over-pronated, and have never had a problem with my trusty Nike's, so why change? I'm not the biggest fan of the new polka dotted design, but I am willing to sacrifice it for the new and improved Lungarswift +2's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment