Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting back into the groove

As you might imagine, my vacation acted as somewhat of a hiccup in my healthy lifestyle.

Am I upset that I gained 5 lbs while indulging on vacation? Sort of, sure.
Am I surprised that I gained 5 lbs on vacation? No, not at all.

I realized merely hours into my vacation that keeping myself from what I really wanted was going to be more unhealthy than letting myself have my vacation. A complete vacation.
Sure I had big plans to watch my portion sizes, order salads instead of fried shrimp, and get up every morning to go for a jog but it simply did not happen. And I am completely okay with that.

This is a huge step for me! Instead of beating myself up over it, dwelling on what I could have done better, or crying over the scale, I got up this morning and started completely new. The run felt good, I felt good, and I put the indulgences of my vacation behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment