Thursday, September 8, 2011

Guilt-free Pumpkin Mini Muffins

I haven't updated in awhile, but this just might make it worth it.

Life has been pretty hectic lately. What with wedding planning, keeping up with school work, and kicking my workouts up a gear in preparation for engagement photos next month, I've been pretty busy. 

This afternoon however, I managed to find a glimmer of free time and instead of taking a nap, I decided to make some delicious fall-inspired pumpkin muffins. 

Tuesday Starbucks brought back the Pumpkin Spice Latte and it has been filling my dreams ever since. Since I'm not keen on blowing 220 calories on a drink, I decided why not just do one better, Muffins! Now these aren't my Mom's amazing pumpkin muffins but they are still pretty darn delicious. The best part? They're guilt free! These puppies are packed with fiber, protein, and are low-fat, great for a pre-workout snack!

Healthy Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup Splenda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together applesauce, pumpkin, and eggs until smooth. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix! Spoon batter into mini muffin tins and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.  BON APETIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment