Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Favorites

In an effort to find something interesting to blog about I came up with nothing... so instead I will provide you with a completely random list of things I've been loving so far this summer. Enjoy!

- Nutella
I wish it weren't true, but alas it definitely is. I caved. I bought a container of Nutella. I don't even really like chocolate, nor have I ever even fallen victim to the fanatic obsession with the stuff! However, it was on sale at Target and I may have been having a hungry day (okay so maybe everyday is a hungry day, but I especially had no self control this day). Long story short, I have some. It's in my cabinet right now, whispering to me, asking me to grab a spoon and come on over. It's bad news. I have got to get rid of it, but it's so good!


- My new BFF, the Stairmaster!!! 

Okay, so we started out rough, but I am quickly gaining appreciation for my tough new workout buddy! Lately I like to do 30-20-10 workouts at the gym (30 minutes of one cardio machine, then 20 minutes on another, and finish with 10 minutes on a third machine) and tried this little guy for the last 10 minute machine! Wow, could I feel the burn! Now I understand why these guys are usually occupied at the gym!!



- Mad Men! I talk about my infatuation with Mad Men on twitter quite a lot but seriously, I love this show! It says a lot for me to rave about a television show as I am hardly a TV watcher, but this show has me hooked! David and I started the 1st season at the beginning of the summer and have almost finished the 2nd!

Cantaloupe

My whole life my mother has been addicted to cantaloupe. That gene was definitely passed on to me. Favorite summer fruit, hands down!





- Red Sangria.
We have tried multiple variations this summer and so far this one is our favorite concoction:
1 bottle of cheap red wine (I use a $3.99 bottle of Merlot)
1/2 cup orange liquor (no, it doesn't have to be Grand Marnier to be tasty, again go cheap!)
1/2 cup orange juice (try Tropicana's 50/50 for less sugar too!)
1 green apple chopped in thin wedges
1 navel orange chopped into wedges
handful of berries (strawberries is what I had on hand at the time, turned out delish!)
2-3 packets of Stevia (any sweetener would do, or if you prefer sugar, go for it)

We've found it is best after soaking overnight but sometimes you just can't wait! Try garnishing your glass with some of the fruit from the bottom of the pitcher and a few cubes of ice. Top with dry champagne (or do what I do, and top it off with some Fresca). 

- Dog walks


I haven't been going on as many of these as I probably SHOULD, but I love walking Zoey in summer! She loves it too, can you tell?



- Water
I thought this would NEVER happen!! No really, for me this is big news! Previously, I was the biggest HATER of water and now, with determination and several cold water bottles stored in the fridge, I think I like it. Especially after a hard workout, nothing tastes better than cold H20. Adam Sandler would be proud! 

- Food blogs. 
This favorite is not necessarily new, but my interest has re-kindled due to a rather boring, slow moving summer. Let's just say I stalk food gawker and a few  at least 20 more blogs, on a daily basis. 
My inner fat girl comes out as I salivate over hundreds of pictures and recipes wishing I had the world's fastest metabolism. Luckily the hot weather keeps me from firing up the oven to try these deliciously tempting recipes, still worth looking at. Oh, and I definitely don't look at their sister site wedding gawker... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment