Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Room revamp

Here's a quick update on my decorating project for my new apartment. These are the "Before" pictures. After I get my financial aid however, expect some dazzling "After" photos!

Although I liked the orange/brown color scheme before and have art prints that goes well with it, I think the look comes across too masculine for me. I love clean lines and white linens and I'm toying with the idea of incorporating lavender into the new color scheme. I plan to buy this white down comforter (I've always wanted one) and a neutral colored duvet cover to update my bedding. I am also in the process of making my own upholstered headboard to save money and bring the room together (more on that once I find the perfect fabric)! These pictures show what I'm working towards:
Instead of using those cheap drawers pictured next to my bed, I will be getting a different bedside table that is not only taller, but smaller and more accommodating to the small space (not at all like the huge honker shown in the photo above). I saw some really cute reasonably priced ones the other day at Humble Abode that I may try out. All I need really is space for my alarm clock.
As you can see, I tried to make my old small desk work. I will be using my 22' TV as my computer monitor to save room, but I think a larger work space for thesis work is a must. Luckily I have an old desk that only needs a paint re-touch so hopefully I won't have to buy one!

The only remaining piece is a dresser. Coincidentally the dresser also happens to be the one piece of a bedroom that I am most picky about. The idea is that if it will last me for years to come, I am willing to pay more. No cheap-o plasticy-wood dressers for me. Until then, I'm being patient.

My dream dresser and desk you ask? Why, Heywood Wakefield of course. 
If you've ever been to my house, you'd know that my Mom is obsessed with this retro look and this furniture is found all over the house. Luckily she let me borrow two end tables for our living room but boy would I love to have these two pieces in my own personal collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment