Saturday, August 13, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day two

Day two of the 30 Day Challenge : Something you wore.

Ugh, this one is definitely my least favorite one! I am definitely not a fashionista and I hardly ever style my outfits beyond throwing garments over my head and slipping on appropriate shoes.
As we have had a scorcher of a summer, and because I haven't been employed, I have been less than inspired to dress up. In fact, this summer I have rarely left the comfort of my Nike Tempo shorts and white v-neck tees. I mean, usually I'm either working on research at home or going to the gym, I just don't see the point in trying.

Last night was one of those fluke 'going out' nights when a slob like me remembers that shorts and a tee are not appropriate nightlife attire (bummer).
Luckily, before moving to my new apartment, I had cleaned out my closet and found the dress I wore the night of my 21st birthday. The dress is actually a very loud dress for me, as I tend to gravitate towards solid colors, but it got a lot of compliments last night and comes with great memories of my 21st, which (to my horror) was THREE years ago. I purchased this bad boy on a clearance rack in Dillard's juniors section, I think it was around $15.
In case you're wondering, yes I took this photo at Drinxx. Drinxx is probably the most trashy err, classy bar in town! I'm still not sure why our night took us there but either way, here's the dress! Zero accessories, sans glasses, and sporting 2 year old Merona sandals. Phew, Day two is over, look at those thunder thighs!

No comments:

Post a Comment